I Just Ride

April 19th, 2013

Today is Friday.  Possibly my favorite day of the week- and very importantly- the day I put my resignation at work.  Yes, you read right, resignation.  A letter I wrote this past weekend and have been carrying around my bag for about 4 days waiting until today.  If I tell you why it took me a couple of days to hand it in, you might think I'm crazy, but being that you already think that, I'll humor you and tell you why: 9 is my favorite number, and today is the 19th.  (Ok, go ahead and laugh. I'm already laughing.)

As you may know (or not know), I am in the process of relocating to Nashville, TN with my significant other.  We have both lived in FL for a couple of years now and have personally grown tired of it.  I can understand the basic appeal of people wanting to come down here to vacation: it's always sunny, there're amazing restaurants, AND we are surrounded by- not so amazing- beaches.  (I come from a tropical island.)  But for someone who actually lives here, the appeal goes quickly.  As I get older I realize more and more that this is not the place I would want to raise my kids (when and if I have any) or plant roots, and making this decision has been one of the hardest things I've had to do. Reason why? Because this would be the first time that I am moving- not only for myself- but for someone else, and THAT is scary.

Throughout my life, I have been to too many places, and lived in many places.  My parent moved us around a lot (I believe I have mentioned their "gypsy" tendencies before) and I never seemed to mind it.  When it came time for me to move to Orlando, I literally bought a plane ticket out of nowhere and left two weeks later with $160 in my bank account.  I was fearless.  This time around, not so much.  So I wonder- what happened to me?!  Becoming an adult, that's what happened!

This time around things have been different.  This time around, I actually planned. (Well, I just saved money. I think that counts as planning?)  We actually started toying with the idea April of last year.  Back then, it was just an idea.  We were in between two places: Nashville, TN and Los Angeles, CA, and even did a trip to Nashville, TN (With The Radio On).  (I had gone to L.A. earlier that year- Baby Let's Drive Away To Malibu.)  When the time came to narrow it down, it was a really tough decision, but when you consider all the pieces, Nashville was a no-brainer.
So here I am now, trying to go back to that mentality I had when I was 22 and fearless.  Trying to remember how it felt to not have that many responsibilities and make rash decisions about my life.  For some reason when things are not planned, they tend to turn out better for me; therefore, the only thing we know for sure is that- we are moving to Nashville and that we saved enough money for it- everything else is unknown...and I kind of like that.

Until Then...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...