Tootie Fruity...

April 9th, 2012

It's Monday! 

I apologize for that bit of excitement. I am sleepy and in dire need on a cup of coffee. I may be asleep right now. (Hmmmm....) Hope everyone had an amazing Easter (I know I did). I relaxed, stayed in bed until late, cleaned, and did lots of cooking. 

On Saturday night I decided to be creative and make a Fruit Tart for Easter dinner. We had some friends come over, so I wanted to make a complete meal. I combined a recipe my good friend gave me and I added a few things of my own. I documented the process so I could share the wealth. Here it is:

Fruit Tart Recipe

Crust:
  • 1 refrigerated pie crust or pre-made graham cracker crust
Filling:
  • 1 package of cream cheese, softened
  • 1 pack of whipped cream (Cool Whip)
  • 1/4 cup of lemon curd
  • powdered sugar (to taste)
Garnish:
  • Fruits of choice (I love berries!)
Directions:

Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Make sure to take the refrigerated pie crust out and let it thaw out while the oven pre-heats. Prick bottom and sides of the crust with a fork. Bake as directed (usually 9-10 minutes) or until golden brown. Cool completely. (If using pre-made crust, you can skip this step.)

Meanwhile, in your mixer (or in a bowl, if using a hand electric mixer), beat cream cheese and whipped cream on medium speed until well blended. Add powdered sugar to taste, and keep beating until smooth. 

Divide mixture evenly among cooled tart crust. 
Spoon the lemon curd evenly over the mixture. Next, my favorite part: garnish.

This is the part where you can get creative. Make sure to choose and combine your favorite fruits together. I for one love berries (they contain lots of antioxidants). Cut them up, pile them on or create simple patterns. Basically, go crazy!


And Voilà...Fruit Tart is complete! The fun part about this recipe is that you can modify it to fit your taste; replacing the lemon curd, using your own pie crust recipe, many fruit choices...Get creative, and remember to always lick the bowl.

Until Then...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...