There's A Song That's Inside Of My Soul...

April 5th, 2012

Whenever I hear people say “I love music”, I get the feeling I might laugh in their face. I really do! (It’s quite scandalous, I know.) In my defense- let me explain why: most people don’t “love” music, most people love a certain genre; being rock, hip hop, R&B, etc.

I love music (notice I didn’t use “”). I really love all music. Most of my post titles are a lyric from a song (bet you hadn’t noticed). Even my blog title is from a song (“Perfectly Lonely” by John Mayer). I live and breathe it on a daily basis. I always have it playing in my home (or in my head). Growing up, I've been blessed to have a father who’s not only a musician (bass & guitar player), but also has a vast knowledge of music in its entirety.

My father’s music catalog could make anyone jealous, and as I get older, mine has grown as well. He taught me at a very young age to be open minded about everything, including music. “Listen to everything”, he always says, and it stuck with me. My idea of amazing is making breakfast with The Beatles playing in the background. I don't know of a better way to start my day. In reality, nothing makes me happier. I even discovered when I was 12 that I could sing when I bought “Daydream” by Mariah Carey and started singing out loud to it. Later on in high school, I got involved in the school’s choir and also went to a music school in the afternoons, where I was part of their choir and learned how to really sing. It’s a passion and I believe it can change your day and even your life.

Music is not only something to enjoy by listening to it. For true music lovers, this is a lifestyle; one that expresses how you feel and what you love about it. Today I stumbled upon this article from CasaSugar (new addiction) on Decorating Ideas for Music Lovers and I am obsessed!


 
 
 


Until Then...


*Pictures source: CasaSugar.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...