'Cause You're There For Me Too

April 19th, 2013

"Pay no mind to those who speak of you as if they know you.  Truth is, only a handful of people actually know who you are, and one of them is you..."

A couple of years ago, I went through a really hard time in my life.  A time I lost everything: a relationship, a job, a friend, sold a lot of my belongings, and almost lost my apartment.  As a result, I decided to get a tattoo.  Something I can have forever, something that is mine.  Something that is secret, something I keep hidden. But also something that serves as a daily reminder that we are NO ONE to judge anyone.  That we are all human and make mistakes.  That we've all done things we wish we hadn't.  That we are all in this fight together.  That we are all going through the same things, in different ways.

As I look at it today, I feel grateful.  Grateful that I am surrounded by beautiful people who are honest, cheerful, positive human beings, who have taken the time to actually get to know me, and not judge me for who I am not.  Who love the me I love, the same way that I love them.  Now that I am close to leaving this place, these people are the ones who I will miss the most.  In a world where most people don't invest time in getting to know you personally, where people think that- just because someone says something about you, or someone else has an opinion about you, they should forge the same opinion.  These are the people I treasure.  They are like little miracles.   Not the people who speak of me as if they know me, their opinions are irrelevant.  They are based on nothing and, therefore, carry no weight.

But remember, every book has a cover, even yours...How you see others, is a reflection of how you see yourself.  So get to know your book, before you start reading someone else’s.  Because it all starts with you.

Until Then...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...