Fly Away On My Zephyr...

April 25th, 2010

Sunday! I used to dread Sundays growing up. I thought it was the most boring of days and sometimes wished it was eliminated entirely from the week because I found no use for it. Now that I'm a bit older, I actually love them.

I'm in Orlando, and if you're paying close attention to the news, we're actually right in the middle of a thunder storm. I love storms (notice that I left out the "thunder" part). I love rain. I love the sound it makes as it hits my window in the middle of the night. It makes me feel like I'm exactly where I should be: in bed writing. I have this urge to write tonight, it only seems appropriate.

My weekend started out horrible. Not to sound negative, but it actually started out bad. I ended up requesting Friday off of work in order to accomplish something that, in the end, it just seemed like time wasted. Thankfully, I had my boyfriend with me, who's extremely creative in the cheering up part. So, he did! Saturday we spent the entire day at Wekiwa Springs hiking. It was the best Saturday I've had. The weather was perfect, the Sun was shinning and we were happy just to be spending some quality time together. See, my boyfriend and I are currently living in different cities and even thought they are not that far apart, it certainly feels that way sometimes due to our busy schedules. So whenever we get time to be with each other, we make the best of it.

After spending three hours hiking through the trails we finally ended the day taking a dip in the natural spring water. I have to admit, it was SUPER cold, but well worth it. Considering my fear of water, he held on to me like a champ. We decided to go camping there this upcoming month before his schedule gets even crazier, so I'm extremely excited for what's to come. I'm sure it will be more of an adventure. But for the mean time, I will leave you. It seems that I have a much needed date with Nicholas Sparks...

Until Then...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...