Do What You Have To Do...

April 18th, 2010

After living with women for what seems like forever, I'm still puzzled by their behavior (note how I'm excluding myself from the masses, it's on purpose). As every day passes, I try to understand why is it that they do the things they do. I mean, REALLY...I find myself constantly asking: is that REALLY necessary? At the end, the answer always seems to be the same, no it is NOT. That's when I look down and realize I'm one of them.

Yes, I am a woman! Don't act so shocked! But in order for you to understand this blog, I'll need to explain a few things about myself. So excuse me while I attempt to bore you with a summary of my life's story...

I was born about twenty six years ago in a family of five. Three of them were men, and my mother (not the girliest girl, if you know what I mean). I proceeded to having an amazing childhood which consisted of me hanging out with boys. Don't get me wrong, I did have girls as a my friends, but I really wasn't interested in what they had to say. I always thought to myself:  "Hey, I'm a girl! I already know what girls do, what we think about, how we feel." Because of this theory I implemented on my brain as a child, I grew up somewhat different. In reality, I find girls annoying. Unless they think a bit like me, then we can get along. Other than that, girls can be ridiculous (which is another word for "stupid", but we're not gonna go there tonight). No! I'm not being a traitor, I'm just being realistic. I find most of the things women do completely ridiculous. I'm sure most of you can agree with me on this one (the ones that don't, are because you're probably partaking in these ridiculous things).

Example of this:

When you live with girls, you start noticing certain things. One of these things is the craving for unnecessary attention. If you're a girl, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. You know...when you're in your room on your laptop and all of a sudden your friend walks by your already opened door (never leave it open) and starts dancing. Then you start noticing she walks by more than once. Or when you are in your room (I spend a lot of time in my room, there's a reason for this) and your friend is watching tv alone in the living room quietly and then when you suddenly come out of your room she starts screaming at the tv and laughing unusually hard as if they just heard the funniest thing in the world and they want you to know. What a coincidence that they only do this when you are around. If that's not a desperate attempt to get attention, I don't know what that is then. I mean...where you not paid attention to as a child that you feel the need to do these things? I simply just don't get it.

As I sit here trying to understand this predicament, I am baffled by this equation that I have in my head. I say equation because it is really hard to figure out what would drive one to engage in such behavior. I don't really think it has anything to do with your childhood or how you were raised, I do believe it has everything to do with always wanting to be the center of attention. Why? I dunno. Maybe a lack of confidence, maybe they feel threatened by other women in group situations, maybe it's just that they like the attention and they like to feed into it. Either way, all I can say women is stop it.

Until Then...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...