Just One Of Them Days...



January 19th, 2010


What can I say about yesterday? Hmmm...well for the most part, I spent most of it crying and complaining about things that have been clouding my brain for the past couple of months. Things like: what do I want to work for, where do I want to go. It's been a lot of thinking, I must say, and I'm quite tired of it. So today, I decided to continue reading this awesome book my boyfriend let me borrow. It's called "The Power Of Now" and boy is it awesome. I mean, I felt like an idiot after I was five pages into the second part of it. I realized how much time I waste just thinking about things, sorry, let me rephrase that, stupid shit!


Most of our waking ours are spent doing just this, thinking. Thinking about the past and what could have been. Thinking about the future and what could be, but this is only an illusion. The past and the future are both just an illusion. We dwell on things that happened and we try to imagine what could happen and sometimes we make ourselves miserable with these thoughts. We instill unhappiness onto ourselves, and blame it on other outside forces or things and even people, when in reality, WE are the ones making ourselves unhappy. Especially us women.


One thing in the book that made me open my eyes and realize how ridiculous women are sometimes was the mention of our menstrual cycle. I mean, we get crazy the days before, we really do, but it's not our fault, it's hormones. When I read that statement I suddenly realized I'm one of those women. So, starting today, I will start living on the present and I will promise myself to try hard to not deviate my thoughts from that.


Until Then...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...