It’s Not That We’re Scared, It’s Just That It’s Delicate…

December 7th, 2008

So this is how it its. By now you should have somehow realized its all about music. It’s what moves everything, makes everything better, or worse. You never realize it until you find yourself caught in this world of “meeting” or how I like to call it, “disappointment”. Truth is it’s a huge disappointment because in the beginning it’s just like a new car, its shinny and “new”, but it eventually gets old. But either way, when you find yourself part of this disappointment, you realize what really matters and, that to me, it’s music. I mean, think about it… You meet someone, all is well, and then you find yourself sitting in his car listening to this crap, and you think: “Could I live with this?” In theory, it sounds great, but when reality comes and you’re making breakfast on a Saturday morning and you find your significant other listening to Hip Hop at 10:00 am in the morning…you wouldn’t want to go that route, at least not me, a hard, progressive rock lover. So please, if  for some reason you find yourself caught in this situation, I would recommend turning around and sticking to your roots before this other person starts singing country tunes coming out of a juke box.
I guess it is what it is, but I love music, I mean I really do. I listen to it at all times. When I wake up, before I go to bed, when I cook, clean, take a shower, in the car, at work, when I paint, when I write (see, right now I’m listening to Andy McKee “Art of Motion”). It doesn’t go away. Imagine someone being part of that, of my music. It’s amazing to have that and, yes, you do find it, you just never realize how hard it is to find until is no longer with you. Someone to share one of your biggest passions with you. Imagine, you could do anything with this person, and know exactly how it feels to be undestood. Finally, something we can all agree on. There’s always something, that one song that sticks.
Remember that time, that night, that precise moment of goodbye… It’s all a soundtrack if you think about it. Your lives are defined by not only moments, but by the music that was playing behind that specific moment. I can remember all of them. Especially the ones I’ve been listening to for the past three years; the tunes to my happiness. It’s really bittersweet. They go from moment to moment, bouncing back and forth between clouds of memories of what never was, but hope will be. Because that’s one thing that I’ve never lost…and it’s cold.
It’s cold and dark and almost one thirty in the morning ad I’m still listening to music, only this time it’s “Delicate” by Damien Rice. Because, it’s like I said it’s not only the moment, but the music that was playing behind that specific moment.

“we might kiss
when we are alone
when nobody’s watchin’
we might take it home
we might make out
when nobody’s there
it’s not that we’re scared
it’s just that it’s delicate
so why d’ya fill my sorrow
with the words you’ve borrowed
from the only place you’ve known
why d’ya sing hallelujah
if it means nothin’ to ya
why d’ya sing with me at all?
we might live
like never before
when there’s nothin’ to give
how can we ask for more?
we might make love
in some sacred place
that look on your face
is delicate
so why d’ya fill my sorrow
with the words you’ve borrowed
from the only place you’ve known
why d’ya sing hallelujah
if it means nothin’ to ya
why d’ya sing with me at all?”
My life as a song…
Until then…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...