When We Found That We Could Not Make Sense...

April 18th, 2012

Someone once said, “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.” THIS could not be truer.

As we get older and we explore the infinite possibilities that life brings us- we grow, learn, and with that, modify things in ourselves. Do I believe that people have to power to change? Yes, but not completely. Who we are at seven is who we will always be. Yes, we can change certain aspects of ourselves (it is the game of life, learning and evolving), but do we really change who we are at our core? No. We are who we are and that’s ok. Differences are only but what makes us unique. They make us who we are. So imagine being surrounded by someone who looks at you as a form of influence. I know I have my fare share of people that I look up to and admire, but little did I know that one day I would become that for someone else.

As you know I am a people watcher. (I should have been a therapist of some sorts.) The more I watch people the more I learn about patterns in human behavior: someone needing attention, insecurities, daddy/mommy issues, relationship problems, differences/similarities, etc. I tend to notice things in people that they don’t see in themselves (or maybe they do see them, but are swimming in the Nile, if you know what I mean). Lately, I have been noticing certain aspects that are characteristic of who I am in other people. It is somewhat flattering, but I also find myself not knowing how to interpret it. (I am trying to write this without trying to sound like an egotistical douche, so bare with me here.) More than flattering, I find it humbling and being humble = being happy.

I am a Sagittarius, which means that I have an inner desire to communicate what I do know with others. I love to read, travel, and absorb as much knowledge as I can. The speed in which I attempt to absorb this knowledge is equally proportionate to the speed in which I want to communicate it to someone else. (Thankfully, I have found a partner who is just like me in that sense, and we are able to talk endlessly about everything we have learned on any given day.) I always thought that people just hear what I say, but never really listen. But lately, I have noticed that people are listening, and more than listening they are learning and evolving. That’s the humbling part: to know that you may be making a difference in someone’s life, however small or stupid it may be. I never forget the things I have learned in the past and whom I have learned them from, so hopefully I will be able to pass that on to someone else and be remembered for it.

Until Then…
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...