Something In The Air Feels A Little Unkind...

March 23rd, 2012

I think it's safe to say this week has been the Week of Abandonment. I have successfully managed to set aside everything in my life to sit around and feel. Feel something, anything. I've been a bit numb lately and I thought that maybe silence would spark something in me so I can see what is really happening. Yesterday, I managed to figure it out.

Ever since I can remember I go through cycles- moments of blissful happiness and moments of pure numbness. I really wish I knew what sparks this, since it doesn't really happen very often. But when it does, I am left feeling somewhat confused with myself. I call these moments of pure numbness Artistic Bliss. Why? I think it speaks for itself. Art is always fuelled by sadness or numbness or anything that speaks to you. I think it's something every artist craves, doesn't matter what kind of art they may do. Funny thing is that this hasn't happened to me since 2008, so it's been a long time.

Now, don't get me wrong- I am in no way depressed or sad about anything in particular. In fact, I live my life day to day very happy. Everything is in order. But inside I feel disorderly- as if something is out of place. For the most part, this is when I feel more creative than ever. So with this feeling, I will be writing more than usual. It always helps me, and by the end of it I usually have figured out what landed me here in the first place. I think I may have an idea, but I will need to explore it further.

It all started last week, when I found out my best friend was coming to FL for a couple of days. I haven’t seen him since 2010 and he was only going to be here for a limited time on business. I didn’t find out fast enough to be able to take off work. At the end of it, he left and I didn’t even get a change to give him a big hug. I feel so far away from him, and this week, I felt even further. I just wish that we could sit down on the balcony and talk for hours like we used to. Listen to him as he plays the guitar and sings to me. I can’t imagine anything better happening. Just talking and saying everything that we have been wanting to say for all these years that we’ve been apart. Finally getting to have a real conversation with one of my favorite people. We used to talk about everything and knew each other’s moves like the back of our hands. Ever since I moved to FL, we haven’t had a chance to just talk. Share things that we don’t tell anyone. He is that person for me: My secret keeper.

And so my hope is this: that by the end of this year I would have sat down and talked with my best friend about everything and nothing all at once. For me, that will always be enough.

Until Then…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...