It's Been A Long Time Since 22...



February 3rd, 2010


How is it possible that time has gone by so fast? Where did it go? I am trying to understand why is it that things no longer feel the same to me. Could it be that I'm getting older? Or is it just that my interests have changed? Regardless of what it may be, I can't help but feel, dare I say, older.


So Saturday night was one of those nights to remember. I was at the House Of Blues at this local show that some of my favorite Florida bands where playing at. Great venue full of people, my friends sitting at the bar, my boyfriend next to me and awesome music. I felt right at home and was ready to enjoy the company. As the night went on, I started feeling like I couldn't survive it. I kinda just wanted to be in bed with my boyfriend by then, but I know I had a couple of hours to go. That's when it hit me: I'm not a kid anymore.


I seem to recall a time when I could wear a short skirt and a skimpy tank top and get away with it without looking ridiculous. A time when I could go to school all day, work in the afternoon, go out at night and do it all over again the next day. A time when I really wanted to be out there, at every party, gathering, concert, club, etc. Now, the reality is far from all of this. Now, it feels different. It feels like the things that once made complete and utter sense, no longer do. Now, I don't have an excuse to act stupid and irresponsibly all the time because I actually know better. Now, I am an adult. And damn, that feels different! But who says I can't still wear a short skirt?


Until Then...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...